Faculty Position in Linguistics and Translation, College of Humanities and Sciences
|Institution:||Prince Sultan University|
|Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Category:||Linguistics; English as a Second Language|
|Posted:||March 02, 2023|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The Linguistics and Translation Department is seeking male native speakers of English with an M.A. or a PhD in Rhetoric, English Linguistics, English Literature, TESOL, or a closely related field for the upcoming Academic Year 2023/2024.
The candidate is expected to teach courses in essay writing, academic and technical writing in English language to students on the male campus who have just finished their PYP and are enrolled in non-linguistic study programs. There are no linguistics or translation study programs on the male campus and the candidate will only be teaching male students.
- a male candidate only
- age limit: 58
- a native speaker of English with a UK/IE/USA/CAN/AUS/NZ passport (non-negotiable)
- an M.A. or a PhD in rhetoric, English linguistics, English literature, TESOL, or a closely related field; the degree should be from an accredited university where the mode of instruction is full-time. Online degrees are not accepted.
- experience of teaching at university level
- a proven track record of scholarly activity
- the ability to use information technology effectively
- cross-cultural and social competences, and the ability to collaborate with team members
- a notable competence in effective teaching methods with a focus on interactive and engaging classrooms
Desirable but not mandatory:
- a strong research background demonstrated by relevant publications in high-impact journals.
ABOUT THE LINGUISTICS & TRANSLATION DEPARTMENT:
The Linguistics & Translation Department within the College of Humanities and Sciences offers general writing courses in English on the male campus, and bachelor study programs in Applied Linguistics and Translation at Prince Sultan University on the female campus. The mission of the department is to teach general English courses to all students, and both mandatory and elective courses on the two undergraduate study programs on the female campus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 15,000 per child, up to 30,000 maximum for two or more children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts after the 2nd year of continuous service (if the candidate has completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation).
PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management.
- Architecture and Interior Design
- Translation and Applied Linguistics
- Academic Writing, Research Skills & Communication.
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS).
- Master in Commercial Law
HOW TO APPLY
Please send all of the following:
- a current CV
- a cover letter
- a 1-minute video in MP4 format in which you talk about your education and career (sent as a downloadable attachment)
Please send your application to the following email addresses: email@example.com