Faculty Position in Interior Design Program
|Institution:||Prince Sultan University|
|Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Category:||Faculty - Interior Design|
|Posted:||March 08, 2022|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Number of Faculty required: 3
The College of Architecture and Design at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world-class education. The College offers Bachelors of Architecture and Bachelors of Interior Design. Both the programs are nationally-accredited.
The Interior Design program at Prince Sultan University seeks applicants with the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for the upcoming Academic Year 2022/2023, which starts in September 2022. The Qualified Candidates with suitable experience in academic and industry who are able to contribute in the areas of:
- Technical Drawing
- Design software
- History and Theory
- Sustainable design
- Evidence based design/research approach
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience, and knowledge. Successful candidates will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate level, conduct research, supervise student work, and engage in academic scholarship and administrative work towards the college and the community. Preference will be given to candidates with BSc and MSc in interior design, interior architecture, or environmental design. An international education in a ranked university in the QS system (based on the American or European curriculum), and a strong record of research indexed in Scopus/ISI will be highly considered. Excellent command of English is a must.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and evAluation (NCAAA). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with a cover letter to: Recruitment office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Postal Address:||Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Office of the Rector
Prince Sultan University
P.O. Box 66833