Bachelor in Production & Manufacturing Engineering Management
Production and Manufacturing Engineering Management is concerned about the planning and control of industrial processes to ensure a smooth transition at all levels. Techniques of production and manufacturing management are employed in service as well as in manufacturing industries. The Production and Manufacturing Engineering Program (PMP) includes responsibility for product and process design, planning and control issues involving capacity and quality, and organization and supervision of the workforce.
PMP provides a strong foundation for becoming a professional with knowledge in both engineering and management aspects of production and their interaction. The engineering side includes operation and integration of manufacturing technology, automation, maintenance and quality aspects, production development tools, and methods as well as software. The management side covers systematic decision-making, operations strategy, planning, control and management of resources that are essential for achieving a sustainable production environment.
A Bachelor of Science (BS) in Production and Manufacturing Engineering Management is awarded upon successful completion of 138 credit hours. There are 79 credit hours of coursework as the program level. Students take additional 30 credits of required courses and two elective courses for 6 credits in their respective specializations.
The Production and Manufacturing Engineering Management program aspires to be among the leading institutions in the Engineering Management discipline that prepares the next generation of industry leaders.
The Production and Manufacturing Engineering Management program aims to respond to the current high demand in the industry of the Middle East for engineers equipped with managerial skills, techniques, and tools.
- Provide an outstanding engineering education.
- Prepare graduates to be successful leaders in their diverse career paths and graduate studies.
- Qualify students to demonstrate a high level of ethical and responsible behavior, and to be inspiring models for their community.
- Provide a basic understanding of management science and engineering principles, including analytical problem solving and complex decision-making.
- Prepare engineers to successfully work with knowledge, make technical assessments, and handle utilization problems.
- Prepare engineers with strong leadership and effective communication skills.
- Develop the awareness, background, and skills necessary to become responsible citizens, employees, and leaders.