Welcome to the College of Computer & Information Sciences (CCIS), Prince Sultan University.
I am delighted to welcome you to the College of Computer & Information Sciences (CCIS), which was established in 2000 to provide high-quality education in all technology principles, sciences, and implementations with the highest international standards. The CCIS educational and practical practices focus on enhancing academic quality, self-skill development, and strong leadership skills.
Now more than ever, computing is shaping the way we live, work, and entertain, yet its greatest potential is still being developed every day. Information sciences and technologies have played the main role in changing the processes of business, education, medicine, innovation, etc.
The CCIS at PSU consists of three departments: computer sciences, information systems, and software engineering, and currently offering the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Digital Media Track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Business Computing & Ecommerce Track
Moreover, the CCIS offers two graduate programs: M.S. in Cybersecurity and M.S. in Software Engineering.
All programs have been accredited by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA) and the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
The CCIS faculty members are scientists and professionals with rich experiences in technology, education, and research. They strive to provide the best educational and research environment for our students and to improve their knowledge and skills. Our faculty are passionate, committed toward teaching, research and innovation.
To enhance the vital role and importance of research, CCIS has established 5 research labs:
- Robotics and Internet-of-Things (RIOTU) lab,
- Emerging Intelligent Autonomous Systems (EIAS) & Blockchain,
- Security Engineering Lab (SEL),
- AI and Data Analytics Research Lab (AIDA)
- Automated Systems & Soft Computing Lab (ASSCL)
These inventive labs work on different research projects and have achieved a lot in terms of publications and implementations. They have created and implemented numerous solutions for numerous governmental and industrial partners on a national and international scale. Moreover, these labs have organized many conferences in order to share the knowledge and improve the scientific society at PSU and worldwide.
We pride ourselves on our students and successful alumni who are equipped with the technical skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit to be some of the best employees and entrepreneurs. Some of our alumni are now successful leaders in many governmental or industrial ministries, authorities, or companies, while others have established many unique businesses.
We invite you to learn more about our curriculum, research labs, and teaching methodology by exploring our programs. We would be happy to meet and welcome new brilliant students, and we would wish them success on their journey with us.
DR. MOHAMMED A. ALSHARA