It is my pleasure to welcome you and to introduce you the College of Computer & Information Sciences (CCIS), Prince Sultan University. Since its establishment in year 2000, the CCIS is firmly committed by providing quality education with the highest international standards. The CCIS educational efforts are focused on enhancing academic quality, personal growth, strong leadership skills and practical training – all of these prepares students to be excelled in their chosen fields.
The CCIS offers below Undergraduate and Graduate programs for male and female students:
1. Undergraduate Programs and tracks at CCIS:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Cybersecurity Track
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Digital Media Track
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Business Computing & Ecommerce Track
2. Graduate programs at CCIS:
- Master Program in Software Engineering
- Master Program in Cybersecurity
CCIS has been fully accredited by NCAAA. The NCAAA accreditation is a testimony of the quality of our programs. We are working now on ABET accreditation for our programs.
At CCIS, we have Co-Op program that enables students to work in a real work environment to gain experience before graduation. It links students with employer, university and community.
CCIS focusing on research and being working on different research projects and has achieved a lot in terms of publications. We are currently in the process of reshaping our research agenda. CCIS has established below Research Labs in different areas:
- Robotics and Internet-of-Things (RIOTU) lab,
- Emerging Intelligent Autonomous Systems (EIAS) & Blockchain,
- Security Engineering Lab (SEL),
- AI and Data Analytics Research Lab (AIDA)
CCIS is being organizing Symposium on Data Mining Applications (SDMA) for the last few years and soon it will be converted to conference. The Symposium is aimed to gather researchers and applications developers from a wide range of Data Mining related areas such as statistics, computational intelligence, pattern recognition, databases, big data and visualization. It provides opportunities for technical collaboration among data mining and machine learning researchers in Saudi Arabia and the region.
CCIS students are being involved in different national and international competitions. I am very proud of CCIS graduates male & female who are serving as computer scientists, information systems specialists and software engineers. We are proud of our graduates who have high demand in the marketplace. It is an honor to welcome the students to join College of Computer & Information Sciences which is led by faculty who are passionate, committed toward teaching, research and innovation.
Dr. Mohamed I. Alkanhal