M.S in Software Engineering Learning Outcomes
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
The ability to:
- Master the core body of knowledge of Software Engineering.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of software engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Understand the Bloom Taxonomy level of each Software Engineering knowledge areas
- Understand the relationship between software engineering and systems engineering.
- Understand the importance of requirements-gathering and clear requirements-specification, understand the importance of developer/ customer interaction.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Apply object-oriented methodology and other programming paradigms, such as aspect-oriented design, functional decomposition, etc. to software design.
- Understand the software engineering principles and the software life- cycle and be able to apply software development models and technology for testing and other SE processes.
- Learn new models, techniques, and technologies as they emerge, and appreciate the necessity of such continuing professional development.
- Analyze a current software technology, articulate its strengths and weaknesses, compare it to alternative technologies, and specify and promote improvements or extensions to that technology.
- Apply important management principles in the context of software development.