Prince Sultan University PSU
Policy Management System
Computers and Internet Use Policy
|Policy Name:||Computers and Internet Use Policy|
|Date Created:||15 August 2020|
|Date of Current Review:||15 August 2020|
|Date of Approval:|
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines to use the computers and other associated equipment at Central Library.
Eatables: items that are used as food
Research Database: a database that contains research material (research papers, standards, patents, ebooks, conference papers etc.), and is available online.
OPAC: Online Public Access Catalogue - an online portal designed for users to check the availability of library holdings.
Computers at Central Library can be used for searching online database, OPAC and other educational purposes. Computers at Libraries are shared resources and needs of other waiting users are taken into consideration. Necessary softwares are installed on library computers so that students may use these for preparation of their assignments and projects.
Below are general guidelines for acceptable use of computers.
- Use of internet and computers at Central Library is meant for academic purposes. Use of these computers for illegal and commercial purposes is forbidden.
- An activity that breaches the network security is not allowed.
- Users are expected to refrain from acts that obstruct the functioning of computers.
- Computers can be reserved for class assignments by respective teacher. A formal application to the Directors of Libraries is sent in this regard.
- Eatables are not allowed while using the computers at library.
- By respecting other users’ needs, students are expected to leave the computers as and when finish his/her work.
- Users are not allowed to install softwares on Library computers. Only authorized staff from ITC can do it.
- Users should avoid copyrights violations while using internet on library computers.
To use the library computers, users are required to do the following:
- Entering PSU provided username and password. These credentials are the same that are used to check the PSU email.
- Use the computers for required purpose. Users may print out papers using networked printers at libraries.
- Users must log off before leaving the computers.
Library staff, ITC staff, faculty, student and administrative staff at PSU.
Violation of policy guidelines may leads to verbal or written warning.
Disciplinary action may be taken in a serious violation.