The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) is a newly founded center offering academic
services and support to undergraduate and graduate students at Prince Sultan
University. The WTC’s services vary from assisting students in understanding their
course material and enhancing their writing skills to helping students better
comprehend academic integrity and avoid plagiarism. The WTC will be offering
services in English and Arabic.
The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) strives for excellence in providing academic
support in writing and tutorship to equip students with the needed critical thinking
skills, language proficiency, and lifelong academic habits and skills.
The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) aims to provide academic support services
(one-to-one or study groups) that aid undergraduate and graduate students at PSU with
their learning and writing projects (including research) in all subject matters. WTC
services vary from supporting students with their research papers and writing
assignments to offering tutoring sessions and explaining lessons and concepts across all
disciplines or fields offered at PSU. The ultimate mission is to ensure that students are
receiving adequate educational support as well as a rich learning experience.
Taking into consideration PSU’s vision, the WTC’s objectives are to:
- Offer assistance to students of different levels/majors throughout their studies.
- Reflect PSU’s culture and values.
- Develop students’ study skills.
- Reduce students’ academic anxiety levels.
- Improve communication skills and enhance individual and collaborative
- Provide students with differentiated instruction.
- Increase students’ confidence and motivation for learning and writing.
- Provide constructive feedback and remediation.
- Assist students in developing their projects/assignments.