Prince Sultan University PSU
Policy Management System
Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Policy
|Policy Name:||Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Policy|
|Date Created:||15 August 2020|
|Date of Current Review:||15 August 2020|
|Date of Approval:|
The purpose of Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Policy is to provide guidelines to obtain materials not owned by Central Library to fulfill research, teaching and information needs of PSU community.
Document Delivery (DD): A service to obtain lawful and copyright-compliant papers/documents published in e-journals, conference proceedings and other sources that are not available in subscribed electronic resources.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL): It is a cooperative arrangement by libraries by which they borrow material from or supply material to other libraries to fulfil the information needs of their patrons.
Central Library at both the campuses provides Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan service to students, faculty and staff of PSU. The service is known as DD&ILL. The service is provided free of cost. Through DD&ILL, the libraries, delivers copies of books, journals, reports, research articles, conference papers, book chapters and other material not available at any of libraries.
Required material may include the material/sources available in Central Library holdings but is/are issued to other users, lost or missing.
Users are required to follow the local and international copyright laws and agreements. They are responsible for any kind of violations. Borrowers are responsible for returning books by due date.
Following are DD&ILL privileges.
|Faculty||Teaching course(s) at PSU||20 DD&ILL requests/persemester|
|Researchers||Employed at PSU||15 DD&ILL requests/per semester|
|Administrative Staff||Employed at PSU||15 DD&ILL requests/per semester|
|Undergraduate Students||Registered in a PSU offered course||12 DD&ILL requests/per semester|
|Graduate Students||Registered in a PSU offered course||15 DD&ILL requests/per semester|
- Users are required to send their requests for DD&ILL to their respective libraries i.e. CL-MC or CL-CW.
- Requesters must search Central Library online catalog (OPAC) for print resources and subscribed databases for e-books and research papers prior to sending the DD&ILL request.
- Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan requests for the material that is available at any of the Central Library are canceled.
- Users are notified on the receipt of material.
- Electronic material is delivered electronically through email.
- Print material is arranged to collect at circulation units of libraries.
To use the library computers, users are required to do the following:
- Entering PSU provided username and password. These credentials are the same that are used to check the PSU email.
- Use the computers for required purpose. Users may print out papers using networked printers at libraries.
- Users must log off before leaving the computers.
The Policy is applicable to staff of Central Library. DD&ILL policy is prepared to provide service to users, so faculty, students, alumni and administrative staff are also the indirect target audience of this policy.
Failure to abide by the policy may cause the reason of cancelation or review of the DD&ILL contract/agreements with cooperating libraries.