On 20 October 2020, Prince Sultan University’s (PSU) Global SME Policy Network (GSPN) signed an agreement with the L20 and Saudi National Committee of Workers Committees (SNC). The President of the PSU, Dr Ahmed Yamani welcomed the delegates from the L20. The higher management of PSU also presented in this ceremony - Dr. Saad Al-Rwaita, Vice President, Administrative and Financial Affairs, Dr. Abdelhafez Feda, Vice President, Academic Affairs, Dr. Mohammad Al-Misher, Deputy Vice President, Academic Affairs, and Dr. Heba Khoshaim, Deputy Vice President, Female Campus and Vice Dean, DAR.
The chairman of the L20 and Saudi National Committee of workers Committees (SNC) - Eng. Nasser Aljaryad and members of the L20 - Dr. Faihan Alotaibi, Mr. Fawaz Almutairy, Eng. Sami Alharbi, Mr. Kalid Aldossary, and Dr. Raneem Alselaimi participated in the cooperation event. Eng. Nasser Aljaryad said he is very exciting with this knowledge partnership agreement and highlighted several years of cooperation with the GSPN:
- Undertake a research on labour and employment on Saudi Arabia and globally.
- The research studies will only be available in the L20 website. Therefore, PSU papers published on L20 or SNC Websites have publishing rights given to L20 and SNC. Further reproduction of the paper in any other website or journal articles will be done only with the approval of SNC and using of SNC, L20, PSU and GSPN Logo.
- The participation and collaboration of both parties may initiate workshops, seminars, webinars and conferences on PSU Campus or Virtually.
- The PSU logo appearance in SNC and L20 as Knowledge partner
- SNC will welcome PSU COOP students for a training.
- SNC will join PSU in public events or activities representing Employment and Labour.
Dr Ahmed Yamani, President of the PSU highlighted that PSU is significantly contributing to Saudi Vision 2030. He said that over 80% of PSU graduates get job offers during their COOP Training Program, before even they graduate. This was reaffirmed by the Ministry of Human Resources & Social Affairs, in their recent visit to PSU, indicating that PSU is number one in the Kingdom in placing fresh graduates into jobs. PSU not only provides quality education but also provide quality professional training for the unemployed Saudi University graduates.
Professor Mohammad Nurunnabi, the leader of the Global SME Policy Network (GSPN), PSU said the PSU is one of the top universities in terms of with regard to Policy Briefs and Working Groups contributions to G20. He also highlighted the collaboration with L20 and SNC will make a significant impact both locally and globally and will also contribute to Vision 2030.
About L20 and Saudi National Committee of Workers Committees (SNC): The Saudi National Committee of Workers Committees (SNC) hosted the L20, for the G20 Saudi Presidency in 2020.The Labour 20 – L20 - represents the interests of workers at the G20 level. It unites trade unions from G20 countries and Global Unions and is convened by the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) and Trade Union Advisory Committee (TUAC) to the OECD.
About Global SME Policy Network (GSPN): Global SME Policy Network (GSPN), a global think tank that aims to provide data driven policies for governments and international organizations for SMEs from G20 countries and across the globe to cope with the challenges from the COVID-19, capacity building and labour research. GSPN aims to bring together leading researchers and experts from across the globe to provide data driven policies. We have more than 90 global experts from over 50 countries. The Content Partner of GSPN is World Economic Forum (WEF) Strategic Intelligence.