Faculty position in Architecture, College of Architecture & Design
|Institution:||Prince Sultan University|
|Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Posted:||February 06, 2023|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The College of Architecture and Design at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world-class education. The College offers a Bachelor of Architecture and a Bachelor of Interior Design. Both programs are nationally accredited.
The Architecture program at Prince Sultan University seeks applicants at the rank of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor for the upcoming Academic Year 2023/2024, which starts in September 2023. The candidate should teach both studio and theoretical subjects. Qualified Candidates with relevant experience in academics and industry who can contribute in one or more of the areas:
- History and Theory of Architecture
- Architecture design
- Foundation Design
- Graphical representation
- Technology and Building Construction
- Integrative Design
- Environmental design and sustainability
The successful candidates for this position have:
- A Ph.D. in Architecture or a related field.
- Research and teaching interests in any area relevant to the field of Architecture.
- Teaching experience in Architecture not less than 5 years.
- Preferably experience in the management of research grants.
- Strong research background and Agenda.
- Strong record of research indexed in Scopus/ISI.
- Proficiency in the written and spoken use of the English language.
The candidate is expected to be familiar with the software used in Architecture (AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, 3D Max, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch Up, Adobe package, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates with BSc, MSc, and Ph.D. in architecture; an international education in a ranked university in the QS system based on the American or European curriculum; a strong record of research indexed in Scopus/ISI. Duties: essential responsibility includes teaching according to rank, research, student advising, and administration.
Excellent command of English is a must. A candidate with an outstanding professional record currently based in Saudi Arabia could be considered for a lecturer position (MSc holder).
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience, and knowledge. Successful candidates will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and conduct research, supervise student work, and engage in academic scholarship and administrative work towards the college and the community.
HOW TO APPLY
To have full consideration provide to the Department recruitment coordinator Dr. Monica Moscatelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following materials:
- One-page cover letter which explains the interest in the position and teaching philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Degree certificates (BSc, MSc and PhD)
- Academic transcripts (BSc, MSc and PhD)
- Scientific Experience (Experience Certificates/ Letter of appointment)6. Training Courses (Attended Courses, Workshops …etc.)
- Portfolio of teaching and professional work
- Two professional references with names and email addresses
- Research agenda (max 1000 words)
- Sample of 2 published papers in relevant journals (Scopus, ISI, etc.)
- One sample of syllabus
For questions, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation).
PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Engineering Management
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty and administration is segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
|Postal Address:||Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Office of the Rector
Prince Sultan University
P.O. Box 66833