Submit To The Journal
Submissions to PRR are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/prr . Full information and guidance on using ScholarOne Manuscripts is available at the Emerald ScholarOne Manuscripts Support Centre.
Registering On ScholarOne Manuscripts
If you have not yet registered on ScholarOne Manuscripts, please follow the instructions below:
- Please log on to https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/prr
- Click on "Create Account"
- Follow the on-screen instructions, filling in the requested details before proceeding
- Your username will be your e-mail address and you have to input a password of at least 8 characters in length and containing two or more numbers
- Click "Finish" and your account will have been created.
Submitting An Article To PRR On ScholarOne Manuscripts
- Please log on to PRR at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/prr with your username and password. This will take you through to the welcome page (to consult the Author Guidelines for this journal, click on the homepage link in the "Resources" column)
- Click on the "Author Centre" button
- Click on the "Submit a manuscript" link which will take you through to the Manuscript Submission page
- Complete all fields and browse to upload your article
- When all required sections are completed, preview your PDF proof
- ubmit your manuscript
Each paper submitted is reviewed by at least two external reviewers and the Editors to assess its suitability to the journal. All manuscripts which format does not follow the guidelines indicated below will be rejected without further consideration.
Articles submitted to the journal should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication with another journal. Please see Emerald's originality guidelines for details. Authors submitting articles for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the publisher against any breach of such warranty.
The editor may make use of iThenticate software for checking the originality of submissions received.
This is an open access journal. All works are published under Creative Commons CC-BY license which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
View the license in more detail.
Third Party Copyright Permissions
Prior to article submission, authors should clear permission to use any content that has not been created by them.
Failure to do so may lead to lengthy delays in publication. Emerald is unable to publish any article which has permissions pending. The rights Emerald requires are:
- Non-exclusive rights to reproduce the material in the article or book chapter.
- Print and electronic rights.
- Worldwide English language rights.
- To use the material for the life of the work (i.e. there should be no time restrictions on the re-use of material e.g. a one-year licence).
When reproducing tables, figures or excerpts (of more than 250 words) from another source, it is expected that:
- Authors obtain the necessary written permission in advance from any third party owners of copyright for the use in print and electronic formats of any of their text, illustrations, graphics, or other material, in their manuscript. Permission must also be cleared for any minor adaptations of any work not created by them.
- If an author adapts significantly any material, the author must inform the copyright holder of the original work.
- Authors obtain any proof of consent statements
- Authors must always acknowledge the source in figure captions and refer to the source in the reference list.
Authors should not assume that any content which is freely available on the web is free to use. Authors should check the website for details of the copyright holder to seek permission for re-use.
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
Emerald supports the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
All Emerald's journals and Editors are members of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which provides advice on all aspects of publication ethics. Emerald follows the Committee's flowcharts in cases of research and publication misconduct, enabling journals to adhere to the highest ethical standards in publishing. Find out more on Emerald's publication ethics policy.
Upon acceptance of an article authors will be requested to sign a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY 4.0). Publishing under a CC BY 4.0 license means:
- Copyright in the article is retained by the author.
- The author grants Emerald a licence to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Your article can be shared freely, including copying and redistributing the material in any medium or format.
- Your article can be adapted, remixed, transformed, and built upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- Full attribution to the original work must be included in any derivatives, indicating if/where changes have been made.
Authors will be asked to complete the CC BY 4.0 licence through ScholarOne. All authors are sent an e-mail with links to the licence form, which they must check for accuracy and submit electronically.
The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by Prince Sultan University. This journal does not charge APCs or submission charges.
Emerald Editing Service
Emerald is pleased to partner with Peerwith to provide editorial support for authors wishing to submit papers to Emerald journals. Peerwith is a platform for author services, connecting academics seeking support for their work with the relevant expert who can help out with language editing and translation, visuals, consulting, or anything else academics need to get their research submission-ready.
The author must ensure that the manuscript is complete, grammatically correct and without spelling or typographical errors. Before submitting, authors should check their submission completeness using the available Article Submission Checklist. Proofs will be e-mailed prior to publication.
Emerald provides perpetual access for all eJournal and book content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS. Find out more about Emerald's archiving policy.