SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Prince Sultan University has been encouraging faculty members to establish external collaborations with academic and industrial partners, and currently there are several on-going collaborations. In addition, to support innovation PSU has been sponsoring patents applications. There are two published patents, and six more patents have been submitted in collaboration with Oblon patent office for application as patents in the US patent office and they are now under evaluation.
Sustainable Development Goal 9 (SDG 9) focuses on building resilient infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and fostering innovation. PSU has played a significant role in contributing to and reporting on SDG 9.
In summary, PSU has played a crucial role in advancing SDG 9 and has contributed to reporting on the progress toward achieving this goal through its research, education, innovation, partnerships, and advocacy efforts. By actively engaging with SDG 9-related activities and sharing its experiences, PSU has helped drive sustainable industrialization, resilient infrastructure development, and innovation.
Research and Innovation:
Research at PSU has focused on developing innovative technologies and solutions that promote sustainable industrialization and infrastructure development. These research findings, technological advancements, and innovations have contributed toward SDG 9 achievement by PSU.
Click here to view PSU Publications
- Zhang Yu, Ibrahim Lanre Ridwan, Ateeq Ur Rehman Irshadd, Muhammad Tanveer, Syed Abdul Rehman Khan, "Investigating the nexuses between transportation Infrastructure, renewable energy Sources, and economic Growth: Striving towards sustainable development," in Ain Shams University, Jun-2022, doi: 10.1016/j.asej.2022.101843
- Venkata Veera Himakar Chunduri, Veerendrakumar C. Khed, Musa Adamu, Hani Alanazi, Yasser E. Ibrahim & Nura Bala,"Investigating properties of concrete containing cationic bitumen emulsion," in SPRINGER, Apr-2022, doi: 10.1007/s41062-022-00816-w
- George Fernandez Savari , M. Jagabar Sathik, L. Anantha Raman , Adel El-shahat , Hany M. Hasanien , Dhafer Almakhles, Shady H.e. Abdel Aleem , Ahmed I. Omar,"Assessment of charging technologies, infrastructure and charging station recommendation schemes of electric vehicles: A review," in Ain Shams University, Aug-2022, doi: 10.1016/j.asej.2022.101938
- Musa Adamu, S.i Haruna, Yasser E. Ibrahim, Hani Alanazi,"Investigating the properties of roller-compacted rubberized concrete modified with nanosilica using response surface methodology," in SPRINGER, 2022, doi: 10.1007/s41062-021-00717-4
- Raed Al-tal, Majd Homoud,"IMPACT OF HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AND DOWNTOWN REVITALIZATION IN IRBID, JORDAN," in Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Aug-2023, doi: stable/27232313
- Syed Abdul Rehman Khan, Zhang Yu ,muhammad Umar, Hafiz Muhammad Zia-ul-haq , Muhammad Tanveer, Laeeq Razzak Janjua ,"Renewable energy and advanced logistical infrastructure: Carbon-free economic development," in Wiley, Oct-2021, doi: 10.1002/sd.2266
- Ikenna D. Uwanuakwa, Musa Adamu, Shaban Ismael Albrka Ali, Pinar Akpinar, Mohd Rosli Mohd Hasan, Khairul Anuar Sharif, Ibrahim Khalil Umar, S. I. Haruna,"Effect of polymer molecular weight on the rheology of SBS polymer-modified asphalt binder," in Springer International Publishing AG, Feb-2023, doi: 10.1007/s41062-023-01056-2
Education and Capacity Building:
PSU offers educational programs and courses related to industrialization, infrastructure development, and innovation.
Program and Courses offered by the College of Architecture and Design
Programs and courses offered by the College of Engineering
PSU collaborates with industry, government agencies, and international organizations to drive innovation and infrastructure development.
Hatch Product Co. visit by Students
In accordance with PSU Strategic Plan Theme 4: Outreach, Marketing, and Partnerships and in alignment with cooperation between the university and the parties benefiting from community service represented by submitting suggestions and designs for pieces of furniture to contribute to the development of Saudi industries from the outputs of the College of Architecture and Design and in accordance with SDGs, this suggestion belongs to SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure. This will meet also the 2030 vision in local Saudi industries. We would like to share and consult on furniture designs for new furniture collections.
Recent developments in high voltage transmission and capabilities of GCC electrical testing laboratory
Renewable energy lab in the college of engineering is organizing a webinar in collaboration with GCC electrical testing laboratory about the services provided by the GCC electrical testing laboratory as a third party for failure investigation and arbitration.
PSU is engaged in technology transfer activities, facilitating the adoption of sustainable technologies by industries.
Smart Systems Engineering Laboratory at the College of Engineering Designed Revolutionary Antennas for Cancer Detection, Wearable IOT Healthcare, 5G, and WI-FI Applications
Innovative designs for antenna systems have been successfully designed by the leader of smart systems engineering laboratory, Professor Mohamed Marey. It is a collaborative effort involving research centers in France, Italy, Germany, UK, Pakistan, Egypt, and India. Cancer detection, wearable internet of things healthcare, 5G cellular networks, and wireless local area networks have all been primary focuses of these designs.
Basic Switches & End Devices connectivity, configurations and implementation using packet Tracer
In this Workshop, Students will learn and perform basic switches and routers configuration tasks. Students will secure access to the command-line interface (CLI) and console ports using encrypted and plain text passwords.
Workshop on cisco packet tracer and Wireshark
The Smart Systems Engineering Laboratory in the College of Engineering is organizing a two-day training course for electrical engineering and computer science students. The training course is on the use of Cisco packet tracer software as well as Wireshark software. This course will deepen students' understanding of networking and communication and explains how to use these tools in analyzing and understanding networking
PSU report on the allocation of research funding to projects and initiatives that align with SDG 9. This includes grants and investments in infrastructure-related research.
- Experimental Study of Durability and Mechanical Properties of Concrete with Recycled Concrete Aggregate and Fly Ash
- Engineering Management, Construction Management Program, SEED PROJECT, CE, Yasser Mansour, Ihab Katar, Shabir Khahro, Mohammed Abdul Malik, Dec 2020
- Design of composite energy absorption devises for automotive applications: Experimental study on the effect of the working environmental conditions of GCC area, Engineering Management, SEED PROJECT, CE, Tamer Sebaey, Feb 2021
- Cost Efficient Road Condition Assessment Approach for Developing Countries, Engineering Management, Construction Management Program, SEED PROJECT, CE, Shabir Hussain, Zubair Ahmed Memon, Yasir Javed, Sep 2021
- Sustainability at the Workplace: Occupants’ Satisfaction with Indoor Environmental Quality in LEED and Non- LEED Certified Higher Education Buildings, Architecture Department,SEED PROJECT, CH, ERL LAB, Hala Sirror, Wafa Labib, Connie Mitchell, Eman Abowardah and Walaa Metwally, 2021
- Production and mechanical characterization of wood/polymer composites for the sustainability of kingdom resources Engineering Management, SEED PROJECT, CE, S&M Lab, Muneer Baig, Abdulhakim Almajid, Abdul Aabid, Bandar Almeshari and Mohammad Abdulmalik, 2021
- Intelligent Communication Networks, Communications and Networks Engineering, SEED PROJECT, CE, Maged Esmail, Mohamed Marey and Moustafa Nasralla, 2021
- A rooftop PV fed grid-tied system, Communications and Networks Engineering, SEED PROJECT, CE, REL LAB, Dhafer Almakhles, Jagabr Ali and Sivakumar Selvam, 2022
- HERITAGE PRESERVATION AND REUSE: USHAIGER HERITAGE VILLAGE, A CASE STUD, Architecture, SEED PROJECT, CAD, Silvia Mazzetto and Fiorella Vanini, Apr 2022
- Development and characterization of sustainable natural fiber-based textile green/bio-composites, Engineering Management, SEED PROJECT, CE, Hassan Mehboob, Yasir Nawab and Raja Muhammad Waseem Ullah Khan, June 2022.
- Development of Power Converters for Micro Grid System Communications and Networks Engineering, SEED PROJECT, CE, REL LAB, Sagar Bhaskar Mahajan, Umashankar Subramaniam, Dhafer Almakhles and Sivakumar Selvam, June 2022
- Optimum Composite Stacking Sequence for Sustainable Energy Transportation Pipelines, Engineering Management, SEED PROJECT, CE, S&M Lab, Tamer Sebaey, 2022
- DESIGN OPTIMIZATION OF A HYBRID VIBRATION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR BUILDINGS STRUCTURES, Structural Engineering, SEED PROJECT, CE, S&M Lab, Mansour Yasser Mansour, Gebrail BekdaŞ, Sinan Melih Nİgdelİ, Aylin Ece Kayabekİr, Basel Salaas and Mohamed Ezzat, 2022.
- Micro Grid Energy Management System and EV Charging Infrastructure Construction, Management Engineering, SEED PROJECT, CE, REL LAB, Umashankar Subramaniam, Sagar Bhaskar Mahajan, Dhafer Almakhles and Sivakumar Selvam, 2022
- Modified ACI 544 2R drop-weight testing procedure using U-shaped drop- weight impact test (USDWIT): Evaluation of concrete impact resistance performance, Engineering Management, CE, Musa Adamu, Yasser Mansour, Han Zhu and Sadi I Haruna, 2023
Click here to view all projects
PSU assesses the sustainability of its own infrastructure, such as campus buildings and facilities. These efforts are to reduce energy consumption, increase resource efficiency, and minimize environmental impact.
PSU College of Architecture and Design: built with sustainability at its heart
The College of Architecture and Design at Prince Sultan University has a sharp focus on national and global sustainability goals, with students and researchers embedding this in their work from inception to creation
Prince Sultan University places Sustainable Development Goals at the heart of its mission
Universities’ ability to demonstrate their social and environmental impact is more important than ever and, consequently, an increasing number of institutions now benchmark their impact against the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Times Higher Education’s own Impact Rankings have themselves become an important tool for universities to map their own sustainable development journey.