TAC offers two types of training workshops in order to provide the participants with the needed expertise and skills that help them to improve the quality of translation. These training workshops targeted two different groups. These are:
- Students Training
- general training sessions
- specialized training sessions
- Staff Training
Students Training - Specialized Training Sessions
One of the main services that TAC provides is offering specialized training for students who are interested in translation and editing. Those students should attend at least 10 hours to be able to obtain a training certificate issued by TAC. Training is available from the beginning of the semester until the end. The procedure of training starts with filling the student’s information in each session she attends. Then, the student is given text/texts depending on the time of the session and length of the text/texts. Trainers are available anytime to assist the students whenever they encounter any problem while translating. After that, the trainers revise the student’s translation and provide her with feedback at the beginning of the next session.
191/192 TAC Specialized Training Sessions
- 6 students enrolled in the training program for the academic year 2019-2020
- Each trainee attended 2-3 days/2-3 hours per week
- The students attended a total number of 21 hours, and over 25 texts and translations were reviewed and corrected.
- The translation quality of the students is improving as they progress, and they become more confident as they know exactly their weak points, thanks to the immediate feedback.
The Translation and Authoring Center (TAC) offers specialized training workshops for its staff. The ultimate goal of these workshops are to ensure a professional development of the staff and to promote their enthusiasm. This is done to ensure an optimum work environment for TAC staff. By providing a variety of professional development training workshops, TAC contributes to the achievement of PSU’s Strategic Plan “EMPOWER”.