The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) is a newly founded center offering academic services and support to undergraduate and graduate students at Prince Sultan University. The WTC’s services vary from assisting students in understanding their course material and enhancing their writing skills to helping students better comprehend academic integrity and avoid plagiarism. The WTC will be offering services in English and Arabic.
The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) strives for excellence in providing academic support in writing and tutorship to equip students with the needed critical thinking skills, language proficiency, and lifelong academic habits and skills.
The Writing and Tutoring Center (WTC) aims to provide academic support services (one-to-one or study groups) that aid undergraduate and graduate students at PSU with their learning and writing projects (including research) in all subject matters. WTC services vary from supporting students with their research papers and writing assignments to offering tutoring sessions and explaining lessons and concepts across all disciplines or fields offered at PSU. The ultimate mission is to ensure that students are receiving adequate educational support as well as a rich learning experience.
Taking into consideration PSU’s vision, the WTC’s objectives are to:
- Offer assistance to students of different levels/majors throughout their studies.
- Reflect PSU’s culture and values.
- Develop students’ study skills.
- Reduce students’ academic anxiety levels.
- Improve communication skills and enhance individual and collaborative learning.
- Provide students with differentiated instruction.
- Increase students’ confidence and motivation for learning and writing.
- Provide constructive feedback and remediation.
- Assist students in developing their projects/assignments.